I planned to be as diligent as possible to post one a day but rather started off the month a little sluggish. Seasons a changing and my body temperature has still not adapted to the local scene. So after almost a week of lethargy, we decided to step out of hibernation and indulge in a cheat treat. I reckon a strict diet would guarantee a slimmer and trimmer version of anyone but certainly not always happier. We love to eat, I have always love food, so much better meals prepared at home and so long as we keep it in proportions I believe we are still in the healthy track, it wouldn’t hurt a pinch to dine out once in a while.
Here’s a list of some of our favorite GO TO places when the binge bug hits us:
1. Papa John’s Pizza – Our staple order is the Super Papa’s Pizza, a classic blend of pepperoni, Italian beef, smoked turkey, mushrooms, green pepper and black olive. The Chicken Barbecue Pizza is also a must try but any Papa John’s pizza wouldn’t be a sure hit without the famous garlic butter dipping sauce.
2. Debonairs Pizza – An African based pizza restaurant serves the best triple-decker pizza ever. The Real Deal Meaty Triple-Decker is a winner with three layers of thin dough, cream cheese, ground beef, lamb macon, tomato and herb sauce, mozzarella cheese topped with bbq sauce, cheddar and parsley.
3. Hardee’s – Burgers packed on extra calories no doubt but once in a while coupled with few minutes of jogging every morning is quite acceptable. As for us, we go for char-broiled instead of the usual greasy ones. Our go-to orders are the Mushroom ‘N’ Swiss, Philly Cheese Steak and Portobello Mushroom Burgers. Simply the best burgers in town!
4. Burgerfuel – Just a recent discovery, a burger joint from New Zealand which claimed to serve a healthier version of burgers and yet indeed we’re hooked from the first bite! The chain is also said to be eco-conscious as every meal is packaged in recycled materials. And although the servings are quite gargantuan for a single person to gobble up alone, sharing is allowed, doofers are included in every order so you can have the burgers cut in half, tuck inside the holder to avoid stains and enjoy as you please. My hubs tried the C N Cheese, a 1/3 pounder with cheddar and salad relish. I don’t want to be overwhelmed at the humongous size of one so I opted with the Gourmet Mini and ordered myself a Hamburgini with Cheese and some Chicken Fenders (char-grilled skinless chicken tenders seasoned with rosemary and garlic with lemon aioli). Each meal came with Spud Fries and Aioli dip. Our first visit was a hit and am sure to return anytime soon. Perhaps I will be more adventurous and have myself a Cran Brie Cracker on my next visit. Great Taste. Good Stuff.
5. Fruit Shop on Greams Road – for the hubs fresh Pomegranate Juice fix and my Cake and Fruit Crumble (choco cake slices topped with mixed fresh fruits and ice cream)cravings, this humble fruit shop caters best. Originally from South India, the fresh juice pub is almost always jampacked at night but we manage to order via drive thru. One should check out the cool names for the exotic blends on the menu like Jughead Special, Flosbury Flop, Pink Panther and the famous Lime Mint Cooler or simply LMC.
6. Cold Stone Creamery – for the Ultimate Ice Cream Experience, who would want to miss the chock full mix of healthy and flavorful cold stone frozen yogurt and sorbet. Some healthy indulgences definitely not to be missed.
7. Baskin Robbins – with a variety of 1200 odd flavors, there is always something new to try each week or just when the crave button is on, my personal faves are Jamocha Almond Fudge, Strawberry Cheesecake, Winter White Chocolate and Orange Sherbet, the hubs who is very cautious of his sugar intake has only one flavor in mind…the Love Potion #31, must have worked him wonders though! 🙂 Their ice cream cake collection is also great for any occasions.
There you are our quick fixes for those times when we’re too tired to prepare meals at home or just when the feeling to eat out strikes us. Then again, so long as we keep in mind to control portions of anything we eat, it wouldn’t hurt a pinch to indulge once in a while. Besides, LIFE is too short to live strictly and seriously at all times.
By the way, if any of you is wondering why no images of these mouth-watering treat were included in this post, well, we’re too busy savoring each fare that we forego taking pictures of them…maybe next post I will…
til next time…good day to all!